If you have a high level of professional frustration in your life then this is a gift to you. It’s a gift to you because you are not professionally doing what you are most passionate about.
It’s perfectly normal to be frustrated in business. The fun part is figuring out what you love doing in life and what your business purpose is in life. What were you put on this earth to accomplish professionally? How many lives could you help improve if you accomplished your business goals? What would it take for you to no longer feel professionally frustrated?
Find humor in stressful and frustrating business situations and you will live a much longer and happier life! Self-deprecation is an admirable trait. Finding humor in frustration instantly changes your state and helps you to focus on turning a crisis into an opportunity. Rather than be depressed given a perceived failure or frustration, smile and cheer up because your future incredible success in business is a result of that failure. You will be grateful later in life that you 'failed'.
There are so many amazing examples of executives that have failed or have been fired which forced them to realize their dreams by starting their own company. Frustration often leads to breakthroughs in your career.
Here are some incredibly inspirational examples of people that were fired. Thank goodness they were or we wouldn’t enjoy the benefits of their future business empire creations:
- Tomas Edison was fired by Western Union.
- Michael Bloomberg was fired which made him get his revenge by starting his financial empire Bloomberg. Without getting fired he wouldn’t have ever become the Mayor of New York.
- J K Rowling hated her job as an administrative assistant. She quit and found her passion, which was writing the Harry Potter books.
- Walt Disney was fired by a publication he worked for.
- Madonna was fired from Dunkin Donuts
- Robert Redford was fired from an oil company.
- Lee Iacocca was fired from Ford. So he turned around and led Chrysler.
- All these amazing people lost their jobs because of a lack of passion or because of frustration with their careers. They then became incredibly successful because they focused on their passion.
What is your calling? What is your raison d’être? Find your passion and you will always be happy in business and in life. If you feel suffocated in your current job, then find your passion, write a business plan and quit.
Frustration leads to breakthroughs.
Frustration leads to reinvention.
Find your professional passion and end your frustration; welcome to the new you.